Elmbridge Supplies Company is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
What happens with my personal data?
Elmbridge supplies will use your personal data to ensure that we can provide our customers with great customer service, each time you visit us. This includes thing such as:
- Providing you with up to date information regarding the products that you have purchased and making the ordering process easier the next time you visit us.
- Retaining transaction purchases so that repeat orders can be made with ease.
We may use information about you to:
Improve our products and services:
- Enhance and personalise offers that are sent to your company contact.
- Perform analysis on customer buying trends, their spending and use of our services, collated with this information that has been gathered from other customers.
Provide you with services and information:
- Provide you with products and services that you have purchased with us and selected us to manage your account.
- Provide you with extra access to our site.
- Market our new products and services with you, as well as our offer sheets, if you have not chosen to opt out.
Satisfy our legal, regulatory and business requirements:
- Helps us to ensure that your trade account is safe, eg: checking the validity of your company.
- Investigating any complaint or enquiry that you may raise with us.
Why do we use your data in this way?
- We need this information to enable us to provide you with the products and services that you expect from us as a company.
- We need to use some of this information to comply with legal and regulatory obligations.
- We may have a legitimate business interest in the use of some of your information.
- You may have given us consent to use your data for certain activities, eg: marketing emails.
How long will we keep your data for?
We will retain your information for the period of time that you have an open trade account with us, we will only remove your data when you close your trade account and inform us that you will no longer be using our services. If you do not have an account but use our services, we will retain any information that we hold on you until you instruct us to remove it from our databases.
We require your data whilst you are a customer to continue giving you the level of customer service that you expect from us, as well as to market our products with you.
Who do you share my personal data with?
At Elmbridge Supplies we entrust a small handful of third party companies to aid us in the day to day running of our business. Every third party that we outsource to has been thoroughly checked and meets all of the required standards. A list of the third parties that we outsource to, along with their privacy policies, can be obtained though contacting us on our email stated below.
As well as the companies that are mentioned above, we have numerous courier services that we utilise, although the only information that they will receive is information that can be gathered from the public domain.
What information do we hold on you and how do we gather it?
We ever only collect data directly from you; this is information that you have provided us with. This could be any public domain data about your company, as well as personal contact details, and financial information that will be linked to your account. It is gained from phone conversations with our customer care team, as well as any inputted data on our website, and any correspondence that you may have with the company.
Every piece of information that you supply directly to Elmbridge Supplies in consensual and is provided willingly. As a company, we will not take this information without your consent, however, we do only ask for the information that we require to provide you with the level of service that you expect. If you do not wish to disclose a piece of information with us, that is your right, but it could lead to complications in the delivery of our service.
We are able to hold and gather your information in this way as it is of legitimate interest to both ourselves and our customers, as it enables us to provide a high level of repeat service, as well as offering set prices to our returning customers.
Information that we hold:
- Contact information including names, addresses, phone numbers and email addresses of the contacts affiliated with your company.
- Any order history that you might have, this includes over our website or through our customer care team.
- Any activity or interactions that you may have on our website.
Alongside all of this, we like to ensure that every piece of business and personal information is kept up to date. We will perform regular contact data audits, and contact you asking for your up to date details. This is to ensure that we can continue to give you the best possible service.
At Elmbridge supplies we do not rely on the services of outside cloud servers, all our information is contained within our internal servers that are kept and maintained on our premises by trained IT engineers.
As a business we do reserve the right to retain business account information and direct debit instructions for the sole purpose of debiting and crediting business accounts.
Cookies and Google Analytics
Google Advertising Features
We make use of some Google Advertising Features such as Remarketing with Google Analytics, Google Display Network Impression Reporting and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting. This enables us to collect data about our website traffic via Google advertising cookies and identifiers, in addition to data collected through a standard Google Analytics implementation.
If you wish, you can opt out of Google Analytics without affecting how you visit our site. For advice on opting across all websites you use, visit this Google page.
What are my rights?
As a customer of Elmbridge Supplies, you are entitled to the following rights:
- To be kept informed on how we use and store your personal data.
- To update your personal data, you can either do this by logging into your account on our website or calling us directly.
- To ask us to erase any personal information that we may hold on you. We will honour this at your request, although there may be times when we are legally obligated to hold onto it.
- To obtain a free copy of whatever information we may hold on you, this request will be handled within 4 weeks of us receiving it, and it will be in a digital copy.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, contact us at our main office on 01452 252757, or email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I change my marketing preferences?
If you no longer wish to receive marketing updates from Elmbridge Supplies, you are entitled to withdraw consent at any time. You can click ‘unsubscribe’ on the bottom of our email marketing and follow the steps, or email email@example.com with your information to have your request handled.
All automated marketing emails are managed by a third party mail service called Mailchimp.
How do I know that my data is secure?
We are very dedicated to ensuring that your personal information is kept safe and secure. We have many different security gateways that handle our data, of which all are regularly monitored. All of our processes protect against unauthorised use, access or disclosure.
If you are not happy?
If at anytime you feel that we have violated the policy above, you are entitled to report the breach to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) on 0303 123 1113.
If you have any questions about the way in which Elmbridge Supplies Company collects, handles and stores data about you or any online activity via this website, please contact us.