3M™ Cubitron™ II 982C Fibre Discs are heavy-duty discs ideal for weld removal, grinding, and blending large and small areas of metal surfaces. They feature the same precision shaped grain technology which has given Cubitron its premium rated recognition and a tough, stiff backing made from vulcanized fiber that resists wear and can handle tough grinding applications. Cubitron™ II 982C's are well suited for edge chamfering, beveling, and removing carbon steel welds, mill scale, pits and imperfections, machining grooves, and more.
- Exceptionally fast cutting
- Disc life is significantly longer, completing more parts per disc and requiring fewer disc changes
- Triangular shaped ceramic grain lasts up to two times longer than other ceramic abrasives
- Wears evenly, runs cool, and optimizes mineral breakdown
- Generate up to twice the cut-rate, durability, and life of other fiber discs
- Less grinding pressure required.
This results in less operator fatigue, faster throughput, and more parts per disc when tackling high pressure grinding applications such as medium to heavy-duty stock removal.
Box quantity 25. Priced per unit.
Proprietary Cubitron™ II products have raised the bar for high-performing abrasives. 3M engineers started with 3M™ Ceramic Abrasive Grain and used 3M Precision Shaped Grain technology to generate triangular shaped grains that are electrostatically oriented on the backing to form sharp peaks and maximize cutting potential. These peaks act like individual cutting tools that slice through metal, and continuously shelf-sharpen as the points break off. The grains wear evenly and self-sharpen, reducing heat due to friction for up to twice the life of other fiber discs, with less grinding pressure. The result is that Cubitron™ II discs outcut and outlast every conventional ceramic industrial abrasive disc on the market, maximizing productivity and minimizing operator fatigue.