Manufacturer: Jotun Paints
Resist 78 is a two-pack, fast curing, zinc-rich, ethyl silicate based coating. It is designed as a primer for coating systems where extended durability is required and complies to the compositional requirements for ISO 12944.
Suitable for a general purpose, heavy duty, anti-corrosive primer:
1. As the first coat in a multiple layer system.
2. As a single coating for long term protection of steel exposed to moderate to severe corrosive environments. It is resistant to cyclic dry temperatures up to 400°C.
- Designed for protection in severe corrosive environments
- Fast dry-to-recoat and fast dry-to-handle
- Certified in systems for Norsok system 1
- Heavy duty primer
- Complies with SSPC Paint 20 Level 2 and ISO 12944
- 80% Zinc content to dry film
- Excellent corrosion protection as part of a complete coating system
- Heat resistant up to 540°C
|Application Method ||Air / Airless Spray or Brush |
|Surfaces ||Structural Steel / Offshore Environment / Buildings |
|VOC Level ||360g / Litre |
|Coverage ||8m² / Litre |
|Touch Dry ||30 Minutes @ 10°C / 13 Minutes @ 40°C |
|Over-Coating ||13 Hours @ 10°C / 1 Hour 30 Minutes @ 40°C |
|Pot life @ 23°C ||8 Hours |
|Maintenance Cycle ||Comp A - 6 Months |
|Comp B - 4 Years @ 23°C |
|Thinning & Cleaning ||Jotun No.4 or Jotun No.25 |
|Number of Coats ||2 |
Typical Paint System: Resist 78 1 x 75μm (Dry Film Thickness). Normally overcoated with an epoxy system.
Typical Use: Protective: Suitable for structural steel and piping to be exposed to highly corrosive environments, C5I or C5M (ISO 12944-2). Recommended for offshore environments, refineries, power plants, bridges, buildings and mining equipment. Specially designed as a primer in coating systems where extended durability is required.