Rust-Oleum Dacfill is a ready to use, water based liquid membrane for roofs, chimney slabs, etc (min slope of 1%).
- Waterproof, super elastic - 100% Watertight
- Vapour Permeable
- Resistant to extreme variations in temperature, atmospheric pollution, heat, frost and UV-Rays
- Builds an abrasion resistant rubberlike coat without joints or seams
- Barely flammable and self-extinguishing
- Can be reinforced mechanically with Dacfill- Fleece
- Approved for Asbestos encapsulation.
|Application Method ||Spray, Brush or Roller |
|Surfaces ||Roofs, Chimney Slabs |
|VOC Level ||5g / Litre |
|Coverage ||1.5 kg/m² |
|Touch Dry ||2 Hours @ 20°C |
|Over-Coating ||24 Hours @ 20°C |
|Maintenance Cycle ||2 Years |
|Thinning & Cleaning ||Water |
|Number of Coats ||2 |
The substrate must be well clean and dry, free from flakes, gravel, dust and dirt. Fill up joints with Elastofill, bridge active cracks with “Dacfill bridging fleece” and apply one of the following priming coats:
- on porous concrete, hard PVC and polyester: Primer 44 HS;
- on very smooth concrete: Noxyde diluted with 25% water;
- on iron and steel: undiluted Noxyde.
- Roofing or bituminous materials over 1 year old can be coated directly with Dacfill.
- Zinc, galvanised steel, copper, lead and aluminium can be recoated with Dacfill, if required, after degreasing and slight sanding.
Typical Paint System
Dacfill 2 x 600 μm (Dry Film Thickness)
Other systems may be specified depending on area of use.
Typical Use: Waterproofing system for roofs, chimney slabs ect.
Application: To ensure homogeneity, coating materials should be thoroughly stirred prior to use.
Brush: Use a square brush. If necessary dilute with water.
Roller: Use a roller with long hairs (long nap). If necessary dilute with water.
Air-atomised Spray: Not recommended.
Airless Spray: Nozzle: 18 - 23 / Pressure: 220 Bars.
Drying weather: Enough air ventilation (light breeze) or sunny conditions.
Minimum temperature: 5°C
Maximum relative humidity: 80%